Tubac Center of the Arts opens its doors for 2012 season | Arts & Culture
Are you an avid art collector? Or just enjoy the arts? Then this might just be the thing for you. The Tubac Center of the Arts is open for the 2012 season.
The Tubac Center of the Arts opened its doors for a new season of exhibitions with the Member’s Open Exhibit, a non-juried exhibit for TCA members on September 7. The center’s hours are Monday to Saturday - 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.; Sunday from Noon - 4:30 p.m. Admission is always free.
A new 3,600 sq. ft. expansion is scheduled for a Grand Opening on Sunday, October 21, 2012, 40 years to the day of the original building opening.
The following is a list of events for October, and November - Do not forget to mark your calendar.
- October 12, Temporary Meditations – Mandalas & Patterns In Nature: Opening Reception Exhibit runs: Oct 12 – Nov. 11
- October 17, Workshop – How to Submit Artwork Digitally, Chuck Myers, 9am – 12pm
- October 21, Annual Meeting & Grand Opening
- November 2, Workshop: Watercolor for Everyone: Painting the Landscape
Roberta Rogers, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm @ Tubac Golf Resort, A Tubac Golf Resort partnership
- November 5 – November 10, Buddhist Monk Sand Mandala Painting
- November 7, 6 – 8pm, Lecture by Dr. Dean Pielstick on Mandalas - A Partnership with the Tubac Buddhist Meditation Center
- November 10, Workshop: Mandala Making: Journey to the Center - Cathi Stilliman, 10 am – 1 pm
- November 16, Workshop: Watercolor for Everyone: Painting the Figure and Portraits for the Terrified, Roberta Rogers, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm @ Tubac Golf Resort, A Tubac Golf Resort partnership
- November 16, Opening Reception for Members’ Juried Exhibit & Holiday Artisan Market, 5 – 7pm, Exhibit runs: November 16, 2012 – January 6, 2013
- Friday - Sunday, November 23-25, Mata Ortiz Event & Sale
Tubac Center of the Arts is a non-profit arts organization dedicated to the celebration and promotion of the arts through education, exhibitions, performances, and the collection and presentation of art that honours the artistic and historic heritage of Tubac and the Santa Cruz Valley. They are located at 9 Plaza Road, Tubac, AZ 85646. www.tubacarts.org
Contact: Karon Leigh, KaronLeigh@TubacArts.org, 520-398-2371