U.S. Rep. Ron Barber to spend July 4th with constituents | Community Spirit
Barber will attend Independence Day celebrations in Sierra Vista and Benson on July 4, with members of his staff fanning out across Southern Arizona to attend other Fourth of July events throughout Congressional District 2.
“I am looking forward to hearing from Southern Arizonans as we celebrate our nation’s 237th birthday,” Barber said. “This is an opportunity for me to talk with the people I represent before I return to Washington for what I hope will be a very a busy and productive July.”
The morning of July 4, Barber will ride in Benson’s Fourth of July Parade with Benson Mayor Toney King.
Later in the day on the 4th the congressman will speak at “Salute to the Union,” the annual Fourth of July ceremony at Veterans Memorial Park in Sierra Vista. The event is hosted by the Sierra Vista Rotary Club, Fort Huachuca, the city of Sierra Vista Leisure and Library Services Department and members of the local business community.
Members of Barber’s staff will also be attending Independence Day events in Tucson, Bisbee, Sahuarita and at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base.
The following events, all on July 4th are open to the public:
- WHAT: U.S. Rep. Ron Barber rides in Benson Fourth of July parade
- WHEN: 9 a.m.
- WHERE: Lions Park, 435 N. Adams St., Benson
- WHAT: U.S. Rep. Ron Barber speaks at “Salute to the Union” Fourth of July ceremony in Sierra Vista
- WHEN: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- WHERE: Veterans Memorial Park, 3105 E. Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista
- WHAT: U.S. Rep. Ron Barber’s staff attends ceremony to welcome 20 new U.S. citizens
- WHEN: 10 a.m.
- WHERE: Saguaro National Park, Tucson Mountain District, Red Hills Visitors Center, 2700 N. Kinney Road
- WHAT: U.S. Rep. Ron Barber’s staff attends Fourth of July events in Bisbee
- WHEN: 8 a.m. coaster races
- WHERE: Tombstone Canyon
- WHAT: U.S. Rep. Ron Barber’s staff attends 29th annual Let Freedom Sing celebration presented by Arts Express Choir and Orchestra
- WHEN: 3 p.m.
- WHERE: University of Arizona Centennial Hall (reserved seating $20, general seating is free with a suggested donation of $10 per person.)
- WHAT: U.S. Rep. Ron Barber’s staff attends Desert Diamond Casino’s July Fourth Backyard BBQ
- WHEN: 5 p.m. events and food, 8:30 p.m. fireworks
- WHERE: Desert Diamond Casino, 1100 W. Pima Mine Road, Sahuarita