Amado Food Bank needs help for the holiday season | Community Spirit
It’s that time of year again – Holiday time and the Amado Community Food Bank could use some help.
The Amado Food Bank is looking for donations of frozen turkeys (8 to 12 pounds) from now until December 31. These turkeys will be used to fill holiday food boxes that many families depend on for their holiday meals.
These turkey food boxes will go to families in Amado, Tubac, Arivaca, Elephant Head, Tumacacori, Rio Rico and Lakewood.
If you would like to donate a frozen turkey, you can drop them off at the Amado Community Food Bank at 28720 South Nogales Highway in Amado. Office hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Thursday the office is open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The Amado Community Food Bank is hoping to reach their goal of 800 frozen turkeys for families in need.
Turkey donations can also be picked up if necessary, you can call (520)398-2479 or (520) 398-2942.
If you do not have the time to purchase a turkey, monetary donations are also appreciated, so the Food Bank can go out and buy any turkeys necessary. If you donate please specify the money is for the turkey drive.
For more information please contact Mildred Lopez Feliciano at (520)398-2942.
Upcoming Events near Green Valley-Tubac-Sahuarita
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Long time Winterhaven family hosting free concert for festival goers
- Mark Kelly named Director of Flight Crew Operations for World View Enterprises’
- TUSD vote unanimous, Wrightstown sold to private developer
- Two U of A College of Medicine – Phoenix faculty named Fellows of the National Academy of Inventors
- Team Up For Tucson holding annual toy drive & car show this weekend