Pima County hosting veterans employment workshop | Events
Veterans will have the opportunity to learn about employment opportunities at the county. Representatives will be on hand from the Pima County Human Resources Department and the Pima County Sheriff’s Department to present current job openings, as well as share how to successfully navigate the hiring process.
The Pima County Public Library will share information about their project for entrepreneurs, while Goodwill Industries will share job openings and recruitment information for their On the Job Training Opportunities for Veterans.
WHEN: September 24, starting at 8:30 a.m.
WHERE: Kino Veterans’ Workforce Center, 2801 E. Ajo Way
Following the presentations, the veterans may stay to participate in a computerized session designed to examine and discuss transferable skills from military experiences in relation to new career choices.
To sign up or obtain more information, please call (520) 740-4646 or (520) 243-6700.
Career Exploration for Veterans workshops are held every other Tuesday at the Kino Veterans’ Workforce Center. For more information, please visit the Kino Veterans’ Workforce Center online.
Pima County One-Stop Career Center opened the Kino Veterans’ Workforce Center last year to help military Veterans find jobs and get training, benefits and support services; and to help employers hire Veterans.
Among the assistance The Kino Veterans’ Workforce Center offers:
• Peer support, drop-in and welcome
• Career counseling and job search assistance
• Help with resumes, interview and phone techniques
• Skill and aptitude assessments
• Computer labs and office equipment
• Behavioral health services and recovery
• Occupational skills training
• Adult education, tutoring and study skills
• Benefits counseling and claims assistance – education, medical care, disability