Lightning strike causes power, water outage to parts of Rancho Sahuarita | News
Representatives with Ranch Sahuarita have just informed Tucson News Now that water has been restored to Rancho Resort residents, and is expected to be restored to remaining customers within the hour.
According to a news release from Rancho Sahuarita a lightning strike, which occurred about 7:30 p.m. on Sunday, caused a power outage at TRICO Electric. This is the electric company that serves the Sahuarita Water Company.
The power outage has left many residents in Rancho Resort without water as well, according to Rancho Sahuarita representatives. There was considerable damage to the Sahuarita Water Company booster station, the lightning blew out transformers and a back-up generator.
TRICO restored power, while crews at Sahuarita Water Company worked through the night to repair the booster station.
Upcoming Events near Green Valley-Tubac-Sahuarita
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Long time Winterhaven family hosting free concert for festival goers
- Mark Kelly named Director of Flight Crew Operations for World View Enterprises’
- TUSD vote unanimous, Wrightstown sold to private developer
- Two U of A College of Medicine – Phoenix faculty named Fellows of the National Academy of Inventors
- Team Up For Tucson holding annual toy drive & car show this weekend